I want that sweater !
DIY FACE/LIP SCRUB: combine honey and sugar
-Spray perfume on your hairbrush to leave a slight scent in your hair.
-Use a damp cloth to get off deodorant residue.
Add drops of tea tree oil to shampoo and conditioner (you could buy tea tree shampoo and conditioner at places like walmart, target, and hair salons. Paul Mitchell has a good tea tree shampoo and conditioner.) use baking soda on your roots in the shower and rinse, or leave apple cider vinegar on your roots for a few minutes in the shower and rinse.
Want whiter teeth?
Brush with baking soda and lemon/lime. Rub a banana peel on your teeth.
Have a zit/acne problems?
Crush up aspirin and mix with a little bit of water to make a paste. leave on over night. You can also try leaving a dab of toothpaste, benzyl peroxide, or salicylic acid on overnight. Tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and coconut all help with acne. Lemon juice helps lighten acne scars/ dark pigment.
Want to save money?
Purchase baby wipes instead of makeup remover wipes. They usually have the same exact ingredients, cost less, and wont irritate your eyes! Use witch hazel as an inexpensive facial toner.
Want Shiny Hair?
Use a hair gloss once a week to keep your hair dye looking shiny and new!
WANT LONGER HAIR?
Never brush your hair when it’s wet. It’s harder to brush because it gets tangled easier and can give you more split ends.
Take multivitamins (these will make your skin look great, plus your hair and nails grow a lot faster!)
Don’t wash your hair everyday (the natural oils in your hair help it grow! try washing it every other day and use dry shampoo if it tends to get oily fast) and use heat styling products as little as possible.
Put drops of lemon/lime in your shampoo or rub a dryer sheet all over your hair for a last minute fix.
-Dry nails faster by letting them sit for 2 minutes after you’ve painted them and then putting them in ice water. They’ll dry instantly!
-Get off polish easier. soak cotton with nail polish remover and wrap on your fingers with aluminum foil for five minutes. The polish will come off with one swipe. (acetone remover works best for this method.)
Want To Cover Your Tattoo?
-Use a red lipstick covering the black outlines.
-Pat on a light concealer, using a setting powder.
-Pat on your skin tone concealer, and clean up any mistakes using baby wipes to remove excess concealer.
-Use a fluffy brush and smooth it out with foundation powder.
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Base, Foundation, Powder Review: Glowy matte skin and Red Lip Demo
It’s ironic that outside of Japan, Koh Gen Do was first hyped up in the West before it made its way back to other parts of Asia. They’re known mainly for their base products, which are designed to gently blur imperfections while looking natural in high-def cameras.
First part of this quick post is a quick review of 3 best-selling Koh Gen Do Maifanshi products. (Images are shown above.)
- Maifanshi Makeup Color Base in Pearl White - micronized pearl powders give a translucent optical smoothing and brightening effect. When I swatched it I was worried that it would go on too white. But when smoothed over the face, it actually looks alright. I was shocked at how well it blurred marks and small spots when it doesn’t have any coverage. Unlike other highlighters, it doesn’t give that gleaming sheen; more of a subtle glow. Still, if you’re not very pale, I’d suggest applying down your neck and chest so you don’t end up with different colors.
- Maifanshi Moisture Foundation - the latest of Koh Gen Do’s reknowned foundations, Moisture Foundation actually goes on semi-matte instead of dewy as the name (and the 60% water, 30% emollients formulation) might suggest. It goes on sheer but can be layered and layered and built up for more coverage without looking unnatural. But there’s no oil control so if you have oily skin, expect shine in about 1-2 hours.
- Maifanshi Pressed Powder - this finishing veil adds no color but has a soft-focus optical filter effect which improves the appearance of skin the way regular HD/translucent powders can’t. *Note: In the picture with the Maifanshi Pressed Powder, I’m already wearing undereye concealer.
The odd thing I found was that on camera, it comes off as being more “perfected” than it looks to me in real life, so I can only say these products are REALLY designed to look good on camera, and I’d actually recommend you consider checking out this line if you are going for a shoot, or you’re looking for an option for a wedding.
For the makeup portion of this post, it’s pretty straightforward! Steps all above and products are all listed here for reference!
- Base: All listed above except concealer
- Concealer: Lancome Concealer Duo Pro
- Brows: Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 in Seal Brown + Canmake Coloring Brow Mascara in 01
- Eyeshadows: Chanel 79 Spices Quad (if you have it in this baked formula, color payoff is terrible unless you use the applicators included; don’t throw them out!)
- Brown Cream Shadow: Givenchy Ombre Couture 9 Brun Cachemire
- Black Mascara: Laura Mercier Full Blown Mascara in Black
- Terracotta Blush: Marc Jacobs 210 Irresistible
- Gold Highlighter: Diorskin Nude Tan Transat Edition
- Red Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupté No 17 Rouge Muse
The Little Mermaid was about to disappear, and at that moment the prince realized the truth and said to the princess, ‘Is this the best you can do? Are you sure?’ and broke off the engagement. He ran to the Little Mermaid, but she’d noticed the water bubbles and developed an air-bubble washing machine and became a chaebol. Meanwhile, the prince went broke with a bad investment and became the Little Mermaid’s Secretary Kim, and together they lived a long, long, really long life.
This is every hijabi’s dream
If you ask me 3 years ago
When I still in the secondary school
How I feel to leave my childhood
I would say
"I’m totally excited"
To see the world out there
To feel the freedom
To be independent
If you ask me the same question now
I don’t have a word to describe
How I hate to grow up
How I hate to make my own decision
How I hate to meet people out there
By hook or by crook
I need to face everything
With my own self
By hook or by crook
I need to stand
With my own feet
Please be strong
Because you’re not getting younger
To stress yourself
To enjoy your life